If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Time Flies

I can't believe it has been two weeks since I posted.  What is it that they say about good intentions?  We have been home a week now from the hospital and it's time for me to get caught up on everything so here goes...

This past weekend and this week were so busy because it was my birthday, our anniversary and Cole's birthday, all back to back (13th, 14th & 15th!).  Whew, I forget how busy it can be.  Brad and I went out to dinner (by ourselves!) Sunday night but the rest of the celebrations were here at home.  Cole requested bbq ribs (Nana's recipe) and Key Lime Pie for his birthday dinner.  I CANNOT believe he is a teenager!!!


Cole is finished with his show at The Rep and, I think, has enjoyed a little free time.  He does have an audition on Saturday for an agency that casts for Disney and Nickelodeon!  Oh boy!  I'll let you know how it goes.

Spencer is feeling much better.  He is tolertating the IV antibiotics much better this time and doesn't seem to be as tired.  We went to ACH yesterday and had the dressing changed and labs drawn so we'll see how the numbers look.  He's antsy about his minimal contact with his peeps but, thankfully, the NCAA tourney is keeping him occupied.  Antibiotics are scheduled until April 6th and depending on how he does, Dr. Richter will reschedule him for his swallow study.  Everything hinges on him getting well and staying well.

Brad and I are doing fine.  I had a head cold for three days but today I am actually feeling like a human being.  It's a wonder I stay well considering how much time we spend in the hospital!  Brad is feeling good and busy with work (yeah!).  I think we are all ready for a little warmer weather and some outside activity.

Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers.  We love you.



No comments:

Post a Comment