If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Sunday, September 28, 2014

What A Week

Since returning from Los Angeles in May, everything has been click, click, clicking along.  We put our house up for sale, Cole and I got jobs while we're in Little Rock and everyone is happy and healthy.  Then, this week happened.  Seems no matter what I did or didn't do, something went wrong.  Ever have one of those days/weeks?

On Monday, Cole received a call from his Agent that he is needed back in LA mid-October to mid-November to continue filming the tv show he has been working on (I promise I will be able to officially announce it in January!).  While this is exciting news, it is also very stressful to me to put everything here on hold, pack up, find a place to stay in LA, go re-join the rat race for a month and hope that we get to come home before Thanksgiving.  I'm trying to remember to be grateful for this opportunity for Cole but I will be very happy when we are permanently settled in LA.

On Tuesday, I had my first not-so-charming experience at Charming Charlie.  I had not only one but THREE separate incidents of shoplifting during my eight-hour shift.  Seriously?  I actually witnessed the second shoplifter put two necklaces in a bag she was carrying and I confronted her and made it clear that that was NOT ok (think crazy eyes and a very loud voice on my part and you can imagine what I looked like to her!).  I called security and walked her to the register so she could PAY for the necklaces I just had her remove from her bag, and then asked the security officer to walk her out.  I hope I embarrassed her and I hope she doesn't even think of coming back to our store.  Unfortunately, with the other perps, I felt that they had taken something but I didn't actually see them do it so I am not allowed to approach them.  However, I am permitted to dog them like a blood hound and never let them out of my sight while simultaneously giving them the evil eye.  Ugh, it spoiled my entire day and almost made me want to turn in my resignation (seriously, I was that upset).  But dear hubby reminded me that, unfortunately, that is part of today's society and I shouldn't let it spoil my spark for my love of the job.  I asked my Manager if I could have a sparkly black t-shirt made up that says in rhinestones, "I have my eye on you" while also wearing a vest that holds my pink pepper spray and my pink tazer.  She didn't think it was a great idea.  But, I think I'll keep bringing it up at the Manager meetings.  ;)

Wednesday night as Brad and Spencer were coming home, a tree had fallen by the pond and was blocking the road.  Living in the country, that is nothing unusual but as Brad wrapped his log chain around the tree to prepare to haul it out of the road, he came in contact with either Poison Ivy, Poison Oak or Poison Sumac.  Needless to say, when he woke up Friday morning, his arms, his right eye and parts of his legs were covered in angry looking blisters.  After a trip to the doctor and a double shot of steroids, I am hoping that the itching and oozing will stop soon.

And to round out this week, this was the picture on my phone that was waiting for me when I got off work Saturday.  
It may be hard to see but seems we have a FAMILY of Diamondback Rattle snakes that have made their home in our electrical transformer at the end of our driveway!  $%#%&*&^**^&!!!!  I can't even begin to tell you how freaked out I am and to top it off, Brad can't shoot them, set them on fire or put a grenade in the hole (electrical transformer go boom?).  So.....we will have to hire Wildlife Relocators (think Bubba and Bubba Jr.) as well as have personnel from Entergy here who will open the transformer and let the Bubba Brothers somehow get the snakes out.  I don't want to be here, I don't want to see pictures and I don't want to hear about it.  I just want them gone! 

To ease my tension, I have been cooking.  A lot.  On my day off, I find myself in my kitchen for hours preparing meals and freezing them so that during the week when life is crazy, I can reach into the freezer and pull out something that is not filled with loads of artificial junk and preservatives.  It has helped me relax and it makes the boys happy to have a "real" dinner (not pb&j) when I work late.
  Today, I made Hawaiian BBQ Beef TaquitosTrisha Yearwood's Chicken Tortilla Casserole, and The Pioneer Woman's Chicken Pot Pie.  All of these recipes freeze fabulously and are easy for the boys to pull out and heat up.  All set until next weekend.

As I sat down at my desk this afternoon to tackle a stack of papers, I saw this picture hanging on my bulletin board....
Yep, I really need to have this tattooed on my arm to serve as a reminder.  Every.  Single.  Day.

"Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good!"
~Psalm 118:1


No comments:

Post a Comment