If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Monday, October 13, 2014

Senior Moments

As I get older, I notice I have more and more "senior" moments.  For instance, not remembering where I leave my glasses (hence the reason I buy 10 at a time at Dollar Tree), or my phone (I am usually shouting through the house to anyone, "Someone call my phone so I can find it!") or sometimes, my children (don't ask!).  Sometimes I think there is something really wrong with me and then my mom reminds me that we just have a lot going on; I hope she is right and not just trying to be sweet.

However, my senior moments lately have revolved around a senior in high school and a senior citizen.

I am reminded each day that Spencer is indeed a senior in high school by the various activities that are currently underway; college tours, ACT and SAT testing and senior pictures.  Last week, we met Levi Miller at the Clinton Presidential Library for Spencer's senior pictures.  I stood in the background and enjoyed their easy camaraderie and talk of all things sports while I held the extra change of clothes and did my best to keep my emotions in check.  Although I did tear up a couple of times, I refrained from displaying my full-on ugly cry or from drinking from my flask.  My mom would have been proud.

I can't wait to see the pictures because I know they are going to be AWESOME!

As many of you already know, my Gigi (grandmother) has been in the hospital following an aortic valve replacement and while this is a serious surgery, it becomes even more so if you are 90+.  Like everything else she does in life, she has handled it like a trooper and with poise and grace.  She has astounded the doctors at her recovery and impressed her physical therapists and occupational therapists during her stay at Baptist Rehab.  We are hopeful that she will be able to come home on Friday and while I know that she is ready, we want to make sure that she is medically ready.  Now, if only we could hog tie her to her glider in her living room to make sure that she doesn't do too much too soon.
Love, love, love this Godly woman.

This week, we are preparing for our return to Los Angeles as Cole goes back on set to film a few more episodes of ______________ (I'm mean, aren't I!!!).  As soon as I get the "all clear" from Cole's agent or manager, I will announce it officially.  ;)  In the meantime, Cole has been super busy with school, working and hanging out with his friends before we leave.  We are planning on being in LA for three weeks and I am hoping we don't have to extend our stay because I really just want to be home for the holidays, get our house sold and then all move to LA together.  Is that too much to ask?

As we prepare to leave Friday, my anxiety level increases exponentially each day but I am determined to take each day one minute at a time until we are safely ensconced in our apartment in LA.  Today's devotional was a great reminder for God's plan...

"If we had no need, no one would ever know of God's supply.  If we had no hurt, no one would know of His comfort.  If we had no disease, no one would know of His healing.  He is revealed as a Redeemer and Rescuer only when we need redemption and rescuing  Our need highlights who He is."

The One Year Worship the King Devotional
by Chris Tiegreen





No comments:

Post a Comment