If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Monday, October 20, 2014

Top 10 List

I have found over the past three+ years that driving to and from California is always an adventure, always the unexpected happens and there are always funny moments that I want to remember.  So, here's my top ten list for this trip...

1.  Driving with a somewhat newly licensed teen on the highway is nerve-wracking funny.  Boys think that every car passing them wants to race and heaven forbid if said person is over the age of 60 (hurts his heart to be passed by Grandpa!).  Thank goodness for cruise control to keep this boy in check.

2.  On the same subject of teenage drivers, Cole thinks the right lane is for "Grandpas" but the left lane (used for passing ONLY) makes him feel like Jeff Gordon (who?).

3.  Loved when we walked into the Cracker Barrel in Flagstaff, Arizona to return my book on tape and the cashier, Chadd says, "I recognize this young man right here.  I see you all the time in here."  Cole and I are looking around to see who he is talking about and he's talking about Cole!  I started laughing but Cole said, "Well, Chadd, I haven't ever met you before but it's great to see you, too!"  I had to run to the ladies' room.

4.  Playing the game "20 Questions" with Cole is NEVER a good idea.  He becomes irate when I can't remember if he answered "yes" or "no" to my question of whether the item was electronic or not.  Obviously, I need to remind him that my short-term memory is shot since I gave birth to him and his brother.  Plus, who picks a "door knob" as their object?!  Then, he was upset because the particular item I was thinking about was a bottle of wine and he guessed it in two questions.  Sheesh.

5.  Evil birds follow me for our entire trip and choose our car (out of hundreds) to perch on while we are stopped to get gas, go potty or just to stretch our legs.  Cole doesn't help by laughing.

6.  I really love to wear my bedazzled Razorback shirt when we stop for the night in Texas.

7.  I love to watch the stares that Cole receives when he walks through the lobby of a hotel, a restaurant or even in the parking lot of a gas station.  He is totally oblivious that girls are swooning (hope we can keep it that way ;))!

8.    I love staying at hotels that allow dogs so I can get my smooch on!

9.  I love the sign at the hotel in Kingman, Arizona that welcomes pets but NO CHICKENS!  Woot!

10.  As soon as we arrived in Barstow, CA the traffic changed to five lanes, someone honked at me (probably because I was not driving 90) and I got cut off in traffic.  Welcome to California!

We're settled in to our apartment that we will call home for the next three weeks, and Cole already has an audition for today and then off to set beginning Wednesday.  I am so thankful for a safe trip and making memories.

The beautiful sunrise as we departed Little Rock.

We finally stopped at Cadillac Ranch in Amarillo, TX.

An awesome sky in New Mexico.

"God saved you by His special favor when you believed.  And you can't take credit for this; it is a gift from God.  Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it.  For we are God's masterpiece.  He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so that we can do the good things He planned for us long ago."
~Ephesians 2:8-10




No comments:

Post a Comment