If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Saturday, July 23, 2011

It was so nice to wake up this morning and know that there was nothing on our schedule that HAD to be done today.  Cole invited a friend over last night and we had movie night...you know, big pallet in the floor, huge bowl of popcorn and the most suspenseful or scary movie the boys can find.  We watched "Source Code" and while my brain just cannot wrap around the whole time travel thing, I really liked the movie.

It was already hot this morning when the dogs and I left to take the recycling into town so we opted out of our long weekend run.  It's crazy when it's almost 90 degrees at 9:00 a.m.  Unfortunately, my dream of coming home to lay on the couch and read my new book was short-lived when Brad decided we were cleaning out the weeds between our house and the tree line in the back yard.  Granted, it has needed to be cleared for quite some time but this has to happen today?  Really?  Anyone that knows my husband knows that he is driven, which means I changed from sweaty running clothes to long pants and a long-sleeve shirt and started clearing.  Two hours later and 781 gallons of sweat, the deed was done.


I so wish I had taken a "before" picture.  You could not see the dirt for the weeds, which were taller than Brad.


I don't even think I am going to be able to get these clothes clean and free of cuckle burs and stank!

Our next home is definitely going to be a townhouse with a patio...no yard!

Tonight, Brad, Cole, Chad (a friend of Cole's) and moi are going to the senior SMTI show at Wildwood.  This will be basically the same show Cole will be in in two weeks but these are the older performers.  I think Spencer will hang out with a friend...he likes to go to the shows only if Cole is in them. :)

Hope ya'll have a nice and relaxing Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment