If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Saturday, April 12, 2014

We Change Plans More Than We Change Our Clothes

The running joke in the Southern/Australian condo (also known as the Ewing/Tingley abode) is that the Ewing's change plans at least 71 times a day.  Plans to leave LA to go to Arkansas, plans to stay in LA, plans to get all of the Ewing's to LA, plans to get all of the Ewing's to Arkansas....see where I'm going with this?  Honestly, I think that we make plans and God chuckles.  My new mode of operation is wake up each morning and try to be open to whatever happens and know that God is in charge.

Last Monday, our plan was to pack up a U-Haul and take everything we currently have in LA and head home to Arkansas at the end of April.  The owner of our condo has decided she is moving back from England and is moving into the condo the beginning of May so we have to vacate the premises.  We thought we would stay home for a while, put our house on the market in Arkansas and see what happens.  Well, those plans changed at 5:11 p.m. last Monday when we found out that Cole booked a recurring guest role on a popular tv show (insert squeal here!).  He will be on set five days a week until the middle of May so Plan B was put into place.  Now, instead of packing the car we are planning on moving back to BESA (Burbank Extended Stay) where we lived when we first arrived in LA.  It's small but we can rent on a month-to-month basis so that as soon as Cole has finished filming, we can head home to Arkansas for some R & R.

The episodes that Cole is filming won't air until January 2015 so we have to be mum on the project but I promise I will keep you all posted.  Until then, while our weekdays are being spent on set, we're spending our weekends in search of fun.  Today, an impromptu trip to Malibu with Cole and Slade was just what we needed to unwind.

Brad, we need a house right here!

Why do boys feel the need to climb anything that is taller than a shrub?

Slade's dog, Merlin came along for the ride and it made my heart happy.  I miss our animals so much.

How long do you think it will take before Plan B is out the window?  I know, I can't wait to see either!!!!

"I will praise you while I live; in your name I will lift up my hands."
~Psalm 63:4

No comments:

Post a Comment