If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Sunday, April 6, 2014

An Interesting Spring Break

Spring Break.  The time of year when parents look forward to having a break from school!  I mean, really.  School cramps my style and I love any break I can get, although this year, Cole's spring break was later than usual which meant that all the Ewing's weren't able to be together for our break from school.  Boo.  What's the use of having a break if you can't all hang out together and be lazy.

So, while Brad and Spencer were in Little Rock working and going to school, Cole and I improvised by...

1.  Going to the beach.  It was a BEAUTIFUL day so we headed to the beach to soak up some sun.  Good thing we keep sweatshirts in the back of my car because we needed them; it was sunny and 57 degrees with a 30 mile an hour wind!  I bundled up in my sweatshirt, wrapped myself in my blanket, and laid on the grass and read my book.  Not much of a tan but definitely relaxing.

2.  Hiking.  There are some amazing hiking trails near us but the one I hate despise don't care for is Runyon Canyon.  Don't get me wrong, it is absolutely breath taking, and by breath taking, I mean it takes my breath away after I top the first hill because it is so steep.  By the time I've made it to the top of the third hill, I'm sounding like I have been unhooked from my iron lung and that I should be on continuous oxygen.  
When you make it to the top of this "hill", there's a prayer box.  Whoever started it must have been like me and was just so thankful they didn't die on the way to the top.  I don't see a Mt. Everest trip in my future.

These two cuties did AWESOME, even though it was Caitlin's first hike since coming to LA.

It's always good to take a picture BEFORE the hike in case everyone on your team doesn't make it back!  :)

3.  Even going to the grocery store can be fun if you let your 16-year-old hang out the sunroof and wave at total strangers and take a selfie.

Cole headed out on Friday with the youth group from church to go camping at Carpenteria Beach State Park in Ventura, CA (about 70 miles north of us).  While he was camping, Katrina and I decided to visit the "Fashion District" in downtown LA.  We spent six hours walking around and looking at all the sights while feeling we were in a third world country.  This city is a conundrum of sights.  After six hours, we walked away with a relaxing day under our belt, our sides hurting from laughing so much and some cute sandals, of course.
How could I pass up anything this shiny!!!!

I left the house at 8:00 a.m. this morning to drive up and pick up the kiddos from the camping trip.
It was an absolutely gorgeous beach.

I love the adults at our church that sacrifice their own family time to mentor our youth.  So awesome.


While Cole was trying to kill me with various adventures this week, Brad and Spencer were having a normal week of school and work.  Spencer was able to pick up some plants on Saturday and planted his spring garden of tomatoes, peppers, cilantro and basil.
Yum!

Cole and I head home to Little Rock in three weeks and I am so ready to see all of my family and friends.

I hope you all have a GREAT week!!!

"Answer my prayers, O Lord, for your unfailing love is wonderful."
~Psalm 70:16

No comments:

Post a Comment