If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Choosing To Be Happy

By nature, I am a happy person.  As long as I can remember, I've always been happy and full of energy (my Mom might say "spastic" but I like full of energy).  As I've gotten older, staying in my happy frame of mind has become a lot harder.  Everyday life will sometimes suck the life right out of you and some days, even though I have good intentions, I'm not always smiling by the time my head hits my pillow.

Life is hard.  Choices are tough.  Figuring out God's plan sometimes seems impossible.  So, with all that said, I am choosing to be happy and I want you to hold me accountable.  My day is so much better when I push my fears to the side and put a smile on my face.  Is that always easy?  Ummm, no!  Some days, no matter how big the smile on my face or the faux spring in my step, deep in my heart I can feel the dread.  Ugh, I hate those days!  Dang it, when I want to be happy, I really WANT to be happy!

One of our biggest blessings since spending time in California has been our church that we found in Burbank.  God has used this church and the church members to speak to me in ways in which I never would have been able to understand under ordinary circumstances.  One more reason why I am so grateful that we listened to that little voice and stepped out in faith on this adventure.

Did you know that 1 billion (yes, that's billion with a "B") people every night go to bed without food or shelter?  Unbelievable.  My family always has food and a safe and cozy place to live and even though we are not all living in the same house right now, I feel that we are moving in that direction.  We are all healthy, able to work, have cars that run and although money is tight, if we need something we are able to afford it.  And yes, we are still clueless as to what tomorrow's plan will be but I have decided that's not my job to figure that out.  My responsibility is to wake up and be ready for whatever God sends my way.  I am resolved to do that with a smile on my face.  Yep, I'm choosing to be happy.  How about you?  Won't you join me and let's see what kind of difference we can make.


Just a little reminder to myself.

"Your heavenly Father already knows all your needs, and he will give you all you need from day to day if you live for him and make the Kingdom of God your primary concern."
~Matthew 6:3

No comments:

Post a Comment