If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Being a Mom is _______________________.

I honestly do not think that the English language offers enough adjectives to describe a mom; loving, beautiful, thoughtful, helpful, self-sacrificing.  Honestly, the list is endless.

Since Mother's Day was last Sunday, it really got me to thinking about all the ways Mom's make a difference in our lives.  Whether we have a Mom still in our lives, or we are a Mom to our own kiddos, or we are a Mom to four-legged children, nieces, nephews, or friends' children, being a Mom is a HUGE blessing.  But, some days, the word "blessing" is not the first word that comes to my mind.

On Monday, I saw the movie "Mom's Night Out" and I wish all of my girl friends could see this movie.  First of all, it is hysterically funny without using any bad language.  Next, the actors do a great job of portraying what life is like between a husband and wife and how our little idiosyncrasies affect every aspect of our lives.  And, last but not least, it sends the message that yes we are Mom's but NO we are not meant to be Super Moms 24/7 or even 1 minute out of an entire 24 hour period.

I went to see this movie by myself and I laughed until I cried.  It was so refreshing to see a movie that was real.  I loved it.

It also made me think about all my girl friends that bless my life every single day.  I honestly have the BEST friends ever!  I love that for no reason, I will get a text or an email telling me how much I am loved or how much I am missed or even a cute story about what their dog/cat did (my friends know that I love my animals more almost as much as I love my boys).  I love sitting and talking with my friends who can laugh with me when I tell them about some crazy shenanigans that happened during my morning walk.  But most of all, I love it when God uses my friends to help me solve a problem that has been plaguing me and making me lose sleep.  That is really the best!

When I was growing up, I never dreamed of being a wife and a mom.  I guess I always thought I would be horrible at it so I dreamed of a job that would take me to New York City where I would live in a high rise, have a dog and a cat and go to see plays on Broadway.  I am so glad that God had other plans for me because I can not imagine my life without Brad, Spencer and Cole.

I remember someone telling me that being a mom would be the most rewarding and the most challenging job I would ever have, and they were right.  I wouldn't have it any other way.


"Who can find a virtuous and capable wife?  She is worth more than precious rubies.  Her husband can trust her, and she will greatly enrich his life.  She will not hinder him but help him all her life."
~Proverbs 31:10

No comments:

Post a Comment