If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Monday, May 5, 2014

Hello Downtown LA!

When our friends, Roxie and Eve, offered to sublet us their apartment for the month of May, I jumped at the chance because a) it's a beautiful and spacious pre-war apartment with high ceilings and awesome hardwood floors, and b) it was much less expensive than Burbank Extended Stay.  We have been here for one week and although it took us a couple of days to get used to the quietness (no room mates), we are loving having a place to ourselves.

The apartment is down town LA...I mean smack in the middle of down town.  It's our first experience of living in the metropolis because for the past 2+ years we have lived in either Burbank or Studio City and both have the small-town feel of Little Rock.  Down town living is quite different; every one seems to be in a hurry to catch the bus or the subway, it's dirtier and it is VERY noisy.  However, with all that said, our location is very convenient to so many activities, everyone in our apartment complex is super nice and EVERY ONE has a dog or cat!! 
I love listening to the fountain at night when I have my windows open.

We have been on set for long hours so today was my first day to have a chance to walk/run in our new neighborhood.  I should say that I exercise like I do everything else; quickly, boisterously and with a lot of teeth showing (either while smiling or cringing).  So, I'm pretty sure that I scared the living daylights out of 90% of the morning commuters as I yelled, "GOOD MORNING!" when I passed them on the sidewalk.  One lady grabbed her purse like I was trying to rob her!  I did stop and apologize but I don't think she understood my Southern English.  I tried to contain my laughter until I was out of earshot.  Poor lady.  Maybe tomorrow they not be as surprised. :)

Katrina came to set today to step in as Cole's guardian, while I went to a meeting.  I am so blessed by this beautiful lady, both with being able to work with her and to be able to call her my friend.

"Don't forget to show hospitality to strangers, for some who have done this have entertained angels without realizing it!"
~Hebrews 13:2 

No comments:

Post a Comment