If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Never A Dull Moment

When Cole and I drove home from Los Angeles 13 days ago, I was imagining myself being able to relax, rejuvenate and soaking up some much-needed time with my family.  I know better than to make those plans but I just couldn't help letting my mind go there, if only for a brief moment.  My "moment" only lasted for four days before three biggies happened:

1.  We received a call on Saturday that Cole really needed to be back in LA on Monday for a very important meeting (of course).  After some scrambling and quick plans, we put him on a plane Sunday morning with the intention of him flying home Tuesday or Wednesday.  Well, of course the meeting went well, he's on hold for a Feature Film and will be staying another week in LA until he can meet with cast and crew.
My mind refuses to believe that he is old enough to travel to LA by himself.

2.  After much discussion, Brad and I put our house on the market on Tuesday.  We realize it may take a while to sell but we feel that we are being led to move to Los Angeles for both Spencer and Cole.  There are so many medical experts that we believe will be able to take Spencer where he is now and move him forward and we are so blessed to have our doctors at ACH steering us in the right direction.

3.  Spencer will begin volunteering at Arkansas Children's Hospital next week as a junior volunteer in the 3rd floor playroom.  That playroom is so special to us because, 14 years ago, it was the very first place he was able to visit when he was finally able to leave his room, and I love that he will be there to give back to the staff and patients.  Also, he has been asked to volunteer as a baseball coach to 8 and 9 year-olds at Junior Deputy beginning June 18th and lasting for five weeks.  I am really not sure which opportunity he is more excited about.

During all of the craziness, we were able to sneak away to a Traveler's baseball game with my brother and nephew Will, and it was Will's birthday.  I had a picture of the boys when Will was a week old and they decided to recreate the picture.
They are so stinking cute.

I am excited and terrified to see what God has in mind for us.  Whatever it is, I know it will be more awesome than anything I could ever imagine.  


"And may you have the power to understand how wide, how long, how high, and how deep God's love really is."
~Ephesians 3:18

No comments:

Post a Comment