If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Monday, June 16, 2014

Working and Waiting

The past week has gone like this...yard work, waiting on a phone call, yard work, waiting on an email, yard work at my Mom's, waiting on a text, and oh yeah, more yard work.

I love yard work but all the cutting, sawing, weed eating, burning, mowing, spraying and pruning have left callouses on my fingers and a touch of poison ivy on my leg.  But I LOVE how good everything looks at the end of the day and I love that I am getting some exercise.  I mean, who doesn't love yard work in June in Arkansas when the humidity is 90%?!?

In addition to working around the house, I am also trying to deal with waiting.  You know about waiting; that seven letter word that drives me to want to drink, smoke and sniff glue all before 10:00am.  Waiting to hear yay or nay on a role for Cole in a movie, waiting for more feedback from a couple that is interested in our house, waiting to see when we will be headed to LA...sigh.

The highlight of my week has been seeing this young man be able to volunteer at Arkansas Children's Hospital instead of being a patient. 
He is loving the experience and we are loving watching him flourish.  It is so amazing to see God's hand all over this situation and knowing that because of His grace, Spencer is now able to encourage children who are sick.

Cole is loving being home and in between yard work, he is spending time with his friends which is definitely a much needed break for him.

Even though waiting is not my forte, I do love all the quality time I have had with my family.  And waiting is not all bad when you have this view to contemplate all of the wonderful opportunities God has in mind for us...

"Keep on asking, and you will be given what you ask for.  Keep on looking, and you will find.  Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened."
~Matthew 7:7-8

No comments:

Post a Comment