If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Here and Gone

Our little family was complete for four days and it was the best four days ever!  Brad and Spencer arrived in Burbank Wednesday morning at 10:20.  I almost tackled them both in front of the airport terminal.  While I was kissing on Spencer, airport security was trying to tell Brad that I needed to move my car.  Couldn't they see I was busy?!

Far be it from the Ewing's to sit by the pool and rest while we were all together.  Oh no.  We hit the ground running.

While I was picking up the boys from the airport, my friend Anna took Cole to an audition (the first of five for this week).  Wednesday afternoon we headed to Sony Picture Studios in Culver City to see Cole's short film "Sticks & Stones" on the big screen.  How cool it was to see our son on a screen in a theater.  Surreal.

Wednesday night, Brad and I left the boys at home and walked to my favorite cafe "Aroma" to have dinner.  It was so nice to have a date with my husband!
Isn't he the cutest thing?!

Thursday was Brad's birthday and Cole had two auditions.  Brad and I switched roles....he took Cole to his coaching session and to the auditions and Spencer and I ran errands and went to the movies (to see Spiderman.  Good movie!).  We were all gone all day and met back at the house to celebrate Brad's birthday.  We tried out an Italian restaurant called Miceli's and it was the best!  Brad hates to draw attention to himself so of course, Cole and I told our waiter that it was his birthday!
Flaming Spumoni anyone?!

Friday found Cole with another audition in Culver City so we all loaded up in the car and decided to drive down the PCH (Pacific Coast Highway) to Malibu and do some sight-seeing.  What a beautiful drive.

Love these boys!

Crazy boy decided to start a new fashion trend.  Notice the restaurant in the background?  You should have seen the faces of the patrons when I was taking this picture...hilarious!

We headed home after the audition to get ready for a cook out with the Shea's and the Browning's.  Everyone wanted to see Brad and Spencer and I just love to get together.  You're surprised, I know.  I even stayed up until 10:30 while we sat around the pool, talking and eating cheesecake!

With another audition on Saturday, Spencer and I hung out in the pool while Brad and Cole were gone.  Anna and Talton came over and a rousing game of water volleyball started.  Why are the Ewing men so competitive?  I am perfectly fine laying by the pool, listening to music and catching up on the latest In Style magazine.  Not them.  No, they are not happy unless there is lots of grunting, yelling and someone getting mad.

After volleyball, we all dried off and headed out to the putt putt coarse because Lord knows that our weekend is not complete unless we participate in more than one competitive sport.  
Cole, Spencer and Talton.

 Oh my, I have missed him!

Unfortunately, Anna is as competitive as the boys!  Ha!  I don't even know why I keep score.

We finished the night off with breakfast for dinner at Paty's.

The boys left this morning and Spencer just called and they made it home just fine.  The countdown will begin until their next trip.

As much as I have missed them, I did realize several things these past four days.  

1.  Spencer is sooooooo independent!  Yes, I did know this fact but now that he is living without me at home, his independence has blossomed.  All I can say is WOW!

2.  Absence does make the heart grow fonder.

3.  I miss Brad and Spencer terribly but still believe that we are doing God's will by being out here with Cole.

4.  The boys will always remember this time in their life; hopefully, as an adventure!  

We're looking forward to a busy week.  

"We always give thanks to God..."
~Colossians 1:3

No comments:

Post a Comment