If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Birthday Celebrations & a Plan to Return to Cali

Tuesday was my Grandmother's (Gigi) 89th birthday and we went out to lunch to celebrate.  
Me, Mom, my cousin James, his daughter Alexia, Gigi and Aunt Martha.

I am constantly amazed at how healthy and vibrant Gigi is and how she celebrates life every day.  She is always busy helping others.  My boys have asked me if I have ever seen Gigi mad and I can honestly say that in all of my 45 years, I have never seen or heard her say a cross word to anyone.  We are thankful to God every day for blessing us with an amazing Mom, Grandma and Great-Grandma.  Happy Birthday, Gigi.

Wednesday was my brother, Dwayne's, birthday.  He has always been  "my little baby" since I was four years old when he was born.  Guess I still think of him that way even though he is grown, has two beautiful children and runs a successful business.
Weren't we adorable?

Will, Dwayne and Allie.

I have loved, loved, loved being home with my family but it's time to start planning our return trip to California.  The plan as of today is to leave early Saturday morning and arrive back in Los Angeles Sunday night.  Cole has finals this Friday and next Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday so I want to make this trip as quick as possible.  At least he will have plenty of time in the car to study World History, Computer Literacy, Algebra and English Lit.  Yuck!

Thank you for my e-mails and phone calls regarding my previous Top Ten list...so glad y'all enjoyed them.  As a follow up, I have a ton of scrapes and bruises and poison ivy on my arms, legs and neck!  It's always something.

Have you had a good week so far?

"Carry one another's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ."
~Galatians 6:2

No comments:

Post a Comment