If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Remembering a Great Man


We all have someone in our life who has made a tremendous difference to us.  I have been blessed to have more than one; what can I say except my family is full of overachievers!

I don't know enough adjectives to describe the awesomeness of Grandaddy.  He and Grandma were married for 60+ years before he passed away in 2005 but not a day goes by that I don't think about both of them and the legacy they created in our family through their unconditional love and sacrifice.

When I couldn't talk with my mom about something, I went straight to my grandparents for a listening ear, for wisdom, for advice, for understanding; they were always there.  They taught us that in order to make a difference in someones life, you don't have to be a celebrity or a face known to millions worldwide.  All you need to do is show God's love through prayer and our service to others as we share our God-given gifts.  When I was young, it always sounded so simple; in fact, too simple to make a difference.  I thought you needed to buy something in order to make an impression.  But the older I get the more I realize that Grandaddy was right.  Most people want and need a listening ear, a warm hand to shake, a shoulder to cry on, a person to laugh with and a person to call friend.  You don't need money to give those things away.

As we head into the holidays, share your gifts with someone and make a difference.  You never know the impact and the lives that will be changed.

"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good!  His faithful love endures forever."
~Psalm 118:1

No comments:

Post a Comment