If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Friday, February 7, 2014

Stressed but Blessed Beyond Measure

I'm sitting in the living room listening to all the different conversations going on around me at the condo.  The kids are laughing, the adults are laughing and I am soaking it in because these last few days have been very trying.

When Spencer gets sick, I worry.  But when Spencer gets sick and he is in Little Rock and I am in Los Angeles, well, you can imagine my state of mind.  Brad took Spencer to the ER at Arkansas Children's Hospital Friday morning.  Spencer started feeling bad and spiked a temp and we knew that with him only just being out of the hospital one week, it wasn't something we should let go.  After a chest x-ray and blood work, the Pulmonologist determined that he only had a cold but with Spencer, a normal cold quickly turns to something much more serious if not taken care of immediately.  Because of the number of flu cases in the hospital, Dr. Morris opted to send Spencer home on oral and inhaled antibiotics.  Yeah for going home instead of being inpatient.

But, when Brad arrived at the Kroger pharmacy to pick up Spencer's inhaled steroid/antibiotic, he was told that the antibiotic was not in stock but when they received it, the total was $6,000 for a 10 day supply and the insurance would not cover the cost!  I am so thankful I was not the one who was standing there because I can tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt that I would have totally flipped out!

Brad contacted the pharmacy at ACH this morning and the pharmacist told him that they had the medicine in stock and, in fact, our insurance would pay for it.  He made a beeline for the pharmacy and texted me when he left the hospital with the medicine; "I feel like I just robbed a bank!".  The pharmacist told him that their cost was $8,000 for a 10 day supply.  I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God's hands were all over this situation and I am so thankful for His blessing.

Another blessing came in the form of my mom, who spent the day with Spencer.  I was able to relax and Brad was able to work all the while knowing that Spencer was in good hands.  I had to laugh at the picture she sent me first thing this morning with this caption...
"Where's my mama?"

After Skyping with Spencer this evening, I am not able to see any improvement but I also know that I am very impatient when it comes to him being on the mend.  I am hopeful that tomorrow will be a better day.

Cole has been busy since we made it back to LA and had two auditions today for new pilots.  Despite some rain yesterday, our weather is gorgeous and we both agree that we need to get Brad and Spencer out to LA to soak in the sun and get rid of all those Arkansas germs.

Thank you for praying us through a crazy week.

"O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever."
~Psalm 30:12


No comments:

Post a Comment