If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Trying to Live By Faith

My day was going great this morning until I received a call from Spencer and immediately, I could tell that he was sick.  He sounded awful and of course, my mind went into overdrive and I was trying to figure out how I was going to get Cole to his two auditions on Friday AND fly home to be with Spencer.  Then I have to remind myself to breathe.

So, don't you think that after two weeks of being in the hospital on IV antibiotics and inhaled antibiotics, Spencer's body would be completely healed.  I would.  Spencer told me he imagines his immune system as "a wall that is built out of straw and then the illness swoops in the straw goes up in flames and the sickness has the upper hand."  While I think that he has a very active imagination, he's probably right.  After two serious illnesses since the first December, I should not be surprised that he is sick again.

I am reminding myself every 10 seconds to take deep breaths and know that Brad has this situation under control.  There is nothing I can do from 2,000 miles away so obviously I need to pray instead of worry.  Pray instead of fretting.  Don't stay awake and think of the "what ifs" but stay awake and tell God that I know He is in control and He will take care of everything.  And then believe what I say and trust.

Won't you please join me in praying for complete healing and knowing that God is in control.

"May God show us his favor and bless us!  May He smile on us!"
~Psalm 67:1

No comments:

Post a Comment