If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Awesome Sunday

I arrived in Little Rock yesterday afternoon into the welcome arms of Spencer and Brad.  I'm pretty sure I squeezed the life out of both of them but thankfully, they didn't complain.

Since I don't have my car in Little Rock, my brother was gracious enough to loan me a ride.  I had to pick between a new Ford Supercab and a Porsche convertible.  Need I tell you which one I chose?!?
Definitely NOT the truck!

I can't tell you how wonderful it was to lay on the couch and watch tv with the guys.  We talked, we watched tv, we ate, we talked...you get the picture.  So nice.

What a blessing to be in church this morning and to see all my peeps!  Lots of hugging, kissing, laughing and talking but we tried to wait until after the service. ;)

Somebody badly needed a haircut so as soon as we got home from church, I got the clippers and got to work.
I can't believe how fast Rusty's hair has grown.  I shaved him in June before I headed to LA and it was definitely time for another shave.

I forgot to take an "after" picture (I was in a hurry to shower so I could take Spencer to football practice) but here he is tonight.
Looking good while he snoozes.

After I dropped Spencer off at practice, I hightailed it to my mom's (with the top down on the convertible and the radio blasting) to spend a couple of hours.  I can't be in town and NOT go see her and Kermit as soon as I have a chance.

Of course, the time went way to fast.  Lots of laughing, talking, telling stories, eating and more laughing.  Do you see a pattern with all my friends and family?  I love it!

I came home to homemade spaghetti sauce with garlic bread and a nice glass of wine.  Insert big sigh here!  The perfect ending to the perfect day.

My week will be non-stop until I board the plane Saturday morning.  I plan to make the most of every second.

"Taste and see that the Lord is good!"
~Psalm 34:8

No comments:

Post a Comment