If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Crazy Trip

In my tenth grade English class, Mrs. Johnson had the caption from John Steinbeck's book Of Mice and Men that read, "The best laid plans oft go astray" posted on the wall above the blackboard by my desk.  Now, I can't tell you anything else I learned in that class but that adage seemed to stick in my brain and boy does it ring true in my life on a daily basis!

On Monday, Spencer had to be at school at 1:30 for Arkansas Baptist's first football game of the season.  He rode the bus with the players and coaches while Brad and I enjoyed the 45 minute drive with the top down on the convertible.  Oh yeah, I definitely need a cutesy convertible!

On the way to the game, we got a call from Katrina, Cole's Manager, telling us that Cole had a HUGE callback/audition for a project on Thursday. Really?  What about MY plan to stay in Little Rock until Saturday?  Sigh.  Ok, Plan B.  I immediately got on my phone and started changing my plane reservations (what did we ever do before smart phones?).  By the time we made it to the game, my alternate plan was in place and I got to enjoy catching up with my girlfriends that I hadn't seen in forever.

Maddie Brodell, a very talented Junior at AB took this picture of Spencer on the side lines...
One of my favorite pictures of Spencer.

Tuesday and Wednesday were packed with appointments and errands (at a frenzied pace) and I spent every second I could with Brad and Spencer.  I so enjoyed being back on the mountain and being a witness to those beautiful sunsets.

This mom's heart was torn between being in Arkansas or California.  I hate those situations but I knew that Cole needed me to be with him so I caught a flight Wednesday afternoon and arrived back in LA at the condo at 10:00 p.m.

Cole's audition was today at 11:15 and we were there for two hours.  The hardest part is waiting...this business is not for the faint of heart.

After a relaxing swim (which counted for Cole's PE credit), I enjoyed reading a new book while Cole worked on school.  After pizza and wine for dinner, I am ready to hit the sack and it's only 8:22.  Different times zones really mess with my sleeping schedule.

Have you had one of those weeks?

"The Lord directs the steps of the godly.  He delights in every detail of their lives.  Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand."
~Psalm 37:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment