If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Back to a Routine

As much as I love the summer time with my boys, I do love the routine of a school year.  Cole started school this week and Spencer starts next week.  For some reason, I always think the school year will bring more of a predictable schedule to the Ewing family; I know I know, it's wishful thinking.

On Thursday, Cole had his audition with Producer's for a new pilot that will start filming in October.  This was his fourth callback and he was one of six actors in the running for the role.   We had high hopes that this role would be "the one" to kick start his career.
Looking cute in his lucky shirt.

Unfortunately, this was not the role for him but we are so proud of him and love his attitude that since he did not book this role, God must have something better in mind.  So proud of this young man.

Friday night, Cole and I finally got to see "The Odd Life of Timothy Green" which Cole did ADR (his voice is part of the voices that you hear on the soccer field and in the halls at school but he's not actually in the movie).  What a great movie and how wonderful to see his name in the credits...
Not a great picture but you can see his name!!!!

Today was a day of sleeping in (till 7:30) and running errands.  Somehow, even the most mundane trips to the grocery store or Target are never boring with this young man...

The rest of the day was spent sitting outside and reading my new library book.  I LOVE having nothing to do for at least one day because I know that will change!

Spencer was in Hog Heaven today because it was the start of college football.  Every time I talked with him, he was catching me up on one game or another.

The cooking bug hit Brad and he has been sending me pictures of the homemade Margarita pizza and the Canadian bacon, mushroom and pepperoni pizza on homemade crust.
yummo!

Our friends, Anna and Talton, are staying with us tonight.  We celebrated Talton's upcoming birthday with spaghetti and Tiramasu and an after-dinner swim.

I'm so looking forward to another two days of rest with no plans in sight.

Do you have a relaxing Labor Day planned?

"Always rejoice, constantly pray."
~1 Thessalonians 5:16-17

No comments:

Post a Comment