If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Friday Fun & Sunny Saturday

I decided my exercise routine was lagging a little this week so on Friday, I decided to ride my bike to run my errands.  I went early before it got hot and made it to the post office, the bank, the library, the meat market and Walgreens for a total of 10 miles.  I did stop at CVS to buy a box of wine (cheapest place in town) but was sidelined when the box, hanging from the bag on my handlebars, got caught in the spokes and chewed up!
Plan B...hold the box of wine under my arm and try not to wreck while laughing hysterically?  Sure hope no one sends that video to AFV (America's Funniest Vides).  Thank goodness Michelle's apartment was close to CVS so I was able to drop the box at her house.  As I reminded her, I may not be the smartest friend but I am the most FUN!

Even though the temps outside are not showing any sign of fall's arrival, I wanted to "pretend" that autumn was upon us so Friday afternoon I cranked the a/c down to 50 degrees and slow cooked a pork roast.  It was so good and accompanied with roasted vegetables, mac and cheese and chocolate pie, it was just too good to eat alone.  So thankful that Michelle, Brooke and Brayden joined us for dinner and a little after-dinner swim.
A little blurry but you can still see how cute Cole & Brayden are.

Brooke and Cole.

Love these kiddos.

On Saturday, Cole and I went to the Burbank Farmer's Market and got the best goat cheese, honey and watermelon.  I do love being able to get fresh fruit and vegetables year round.

I have always been enthralled with the Smart Car since I first saw one several years ago.  You can imagine their popularity in Los Angeles because they get great gas mileage (38 mpg in the city), have a five-star safety rating and are easy to park.  So Cole and I headed to the Smart dealership in Beverly Hills to check it out.  
Crazy boy.

We test drove a convertible one...I'm hooked!  Now, if I only had an extra $20,000 lying around!
Maybe something to keep in mind when Cole makes his first million?!!

Of course, the dealership also sold Mercedes Benz.  Guess where I found Cole...
Uh huh, this little beauty only cost $200,000.  Pocket change.

We had such a good time today but it was such a sad evening watching the Razorbacks lose and especially, seeing all our injured players.  Definitely lifting the players and the family's up in prayer.

"But the one who boasts must boast in the Lord."
~2 Corinthians 10:17

No comments:

Post a Comment