If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Mothering/Wifing/Daughtering From Afar

Most of the time, I have no problem being in California helping Cole to chase his dream while Brad is home helping Spencer with his dream.  I know it sounds crazy to some of you.  It did to me at first as well.  But I think Brad's outlook on this whole situation is so incredible.  He believes in our family and he believes in taking risks to go after a tangible dream.  He has lived his entire life with that attitude and I look at all the adventures he has had and wonder, if I had had that mindset when I was younger, I would have a lot more exciting stories to tell.

This past weekend has been one of the few times that I wished I was back in Little Rock.  Spencer has had problems with his blood sugar and even though he and Brad have the situation under control, my "Wife" heart is aching to be close to Brad and put our Team Ewing support system into play.  Could I do anything differently than he has done?  No, but in my mind everything (for me) would be better if I was there.

Also, my stepdad was admitted to the hospital this morning with pain in his left arm.  Thankfully, the doctors have ruled out a heart attack but don't have any answers yet to identifying the problem.  Could I do more than the doctors are doing?  Absolutely not, but being close to my mom and sitting at the hospital would make my "Daughter" heart so much more calm.

And, this guy makes my "Mom" heart ache knowing he is not feeling well...
Thank goodness for Skype!  At least I can lay eyes on him and see for myself how he is doing.  Sometimes I wish he would complain just a little so I would know when he is sick but of course, he never does.  He's tired of dealing with the feeding tube and the blood sugar issues and just wants to focus on sports.  

We trust that what we are doing is the right thing and until God makes it clear that this is NOT where we are supposed to be, we will stay.  But my oh my, days like today sure do tempt me to throw that suitcase in my car and high tail it to Little Rock.

"Teach me to do your will, for you are my God.  May your gracious Spirit lead me forward on a firm footing."
~Psalm 143:10

No comments:

Post a Comment