If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Hearts of My Heart

This guy stole my heart the minute he entered this world.  Since day one, he has been a fighter.
He had his first flag football game last night.  Of course, he did great but when he called me this morning, he was none to happy.  Seems that Dad video taped the game and after Spencer watched it, he was ticked off (I'm being nice) that a) the boys that were helping with the team stepped out of his way and didn't even try to snatch his flag to stop him, and b) that he has decided he runs funny and is not fast.

He was upset and wondering what God really wants him to do since he has come to realize that he will never be able to play ball and maybe not even coach.  Don't we all have those moments in our life, even as adults where we are doing something and then God places a U-turn in our path?

I am praying that through his Bible study and talking with our Youth Pastors, God's plan for him will be made clear.

This guy also stole my heart the moment he entered this world...
When I found out I was pregnant with Cole, I worried that I would never be able to love another baby as much as I loved Spencer.  I'm so glad that your heart doubles in size for each baby you have because this little guy proved me wrong.

As he struggles with God's plan for his life, I am reminded on a daily basis how grateful I am that my boys actively seek God's will for their lives.  This mom could not ask for anything more.

I never knew how hard on your heart being a parent would be but it is the most rewarding job I have ever had.  I hope all my Mom friends feel the same way.

"I will thank the Lord with all my heart!"
~Psalms 9:1

1 comment:

  1. I love you and Your boys! God has great things planned for them and we are all working to figure out what that plan is!

    ReplyDelete