If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Monday, September 24, 2012

Hit the Ground Running

I am glad that I am the kind of person who likes to keep busy because California doesn't fail to achieve that...ever!

I decided that Cole and I needed to sleep in on Sunday and sure enough, we both slept for 12 hours.  Guess we really were tired.  My plan was for Cole to work on school all day and try to get caught up while I unpacked, washed clothes, and tried to tackle the "piles".  You know the ones...paperwork, laundry, trash, mail, etc.

Right when we are getting into the groove, our Manager calls and says that Cole has two auditions on Monday and that we need to get coaching TODAY!  Wow, so glad Cole's coach is on speed dial and ready and willing to help out.  I jump in the shower and off we go.  After coaching, we headed to the Shea's house for a cookout and to visit with our friends, the Baxter's, who are in town meeting with our Manager.  Woohoo, the Southerners are going to take LA by storm!!!!

We were home by 7:30 and Cole was in bed by 8:30.  Guess he was more tired than I thought.  He has two big auditions today so we will keep praying and doing what we are doing.

Spencer's allergies have kicked into high gear and he started getting sick on Saturday.  Brad called me from Target and I think he bought one of everything to treat the congestion, the sniffles and the fever.  It must be working because Spencer sounded better this morning.  Now if I can just get him to take it easy (anyone want to volunteer to go by the house and hog tie him?).

The weather was a little cooler this morning during my run (the highs will still be 90+ all this week) and it just makes me home sick for Arkansas.  Fall weather is my FAVORITE!  Seeing this sweet face of my Gigi in my e-mail this morning made me even more teary-eyed.  This spry little sweetie will be 90 in January and she has more energy than me.
She and Grandaddy set a wonderful example for our family of what loving, honor and selfless devotion looks like.  We are so blessed.

"Then the way you live will always honor and please the Lord, and your lives will produce every kind of good fruit.  All the while, you will grow as you learn to know God better and better."
~Colossians 1:10 

No comments:

Post a Comment