If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

And the adventures continue...

Wow, what an exciting day it has been around the Ewing houses today.

I'll start with the eldest of the Ewing boys...Spencer.  I knew that he was in the best of moods when I called him this morning and he and Max, our Lab, were tromping around in the woods doing some exploring.  I also knew that this must mean the temperatures were in the low 70's, the sky was crystal blue and there was a crispness in the air that only comes in the fall in Arkansas.  Sure enough, all that was true and the fact that he had his second flag football game tonight.  As he put it, he was ready to "truck" over someone.

He called me on the way home from his game and he was so excited, that it made me smile and cry at the same time.  He talked non-stop about the plays he blocked in order for Alex to make a touch down and the seven year old on the opposing team who was talking trash to him and how he fell on his hip and will probably have a bruise.  Whew.  By the time he was finished with all the details, I was thanking God once again that Spencer had a great time and I wasn't there to witness all the mud flying.  I am in awe of his determination, his focus and his love of all things sports, especially if they involve trouncing on someone.  He's all boy.

Our next adventure will begin tomorrow as Cole and I fly to Reno, Nevada to film a commercial he booked today!  Woohoo, we are excited.  Katrina, Cole's Manager, called this morning to say that Cole had booked the audition he did yesterday and the commercial is filming in Reno.  We leave Burbank at noon and will arrive in Reno around 3:00, where a driver will meet us (la te da!) and take us to our hotel then take us to the production company so Cole can meet with the stylist.  I am hoping that I will be able to take it all in while taking pictures (have to blog about it, of course) and not have my mouth hang open.  Don't want to let on that this Southern girl is not nearly as well traveled as my world-traveler husband.  Wish he was going to be with us to enjoy this adventure.

Cole will be filming Thursday and Friday and we will fly back to LA Saturday afternoon.  I am so excited!

It's Taco Tuesday night so I have made fish & beef tacos, home made guacamole, baked spicy rice, black beans and Anna's Killer Margaritas.  Donna and Scher are coming over to celebrate with us...I'll post pictures later.

Happy Tuesday!

"My heart is confident in you, O God; my heart is confident.  No wonder I can sing your praises!"
~Psalm 57:7

No comments:

Post a Comment