If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Monday, September 17, 2012

Hot, Hot and Hot in LA

Several weeks ago, I'm pretty sure I gloated as I called Brad and Spencer to report that it was a cool 80 degrees in LA while they were sweltering away in 100+ degrees in Arkansas.  Oh my, what a difference a few weeks can make.  All last week and this past weekend, we have suffered through 100+ temps here in the San Fernando Valley.  Even though the heat is not accompanied by extreme humidity (like in AR), it is still HOT!

 Friday night, the brave youth leaders from church took a group of about 60 kids to Six Flags.  They left the church at 5:30 p.m. and returned at 1:00 a.m.  When I picked Cole, Logan & Allie (Shea) up they were so tired but so ramped up from the exhilarating rides.  I mean, what 14-year-old doesn't want to ride "Goliath" five times?!!

Saturday morning, I let Cole sleep in while I went to pick up my car from the repair shop.  I am convinced there is never a good time to spend $800 on repairs to my car.

Cole texted me while I was gone. 
Another intellectual conversation with my teenager!  Ha!

On Saturday, Brad and Spencer attended a wedding in Hot Springs for Spencer's former physical therapist at ACH.  I ask the boys to take a picture of themselves with the bride and groom but did I get one?  No.   Thankfully, Brad took a picture of Spencer in the dressing room at Kohl's where they had to purchase shirt, pants, belt and shoes since Spencer had grown out of everything!  I'm just grateful that Spencer didn't wear his Hog's shirt and coaching shorts to the wedding.
Love, love, love this handsome dude.

Saturday night, Brayden spent the night with us because his sister, Brooke, had to be on set at 8:00 a.m. Sunday morning.  After church, we were headed home when I spotted a Farmer's Market and petting zoo!  When we finally found a place to park, the zoo was gone (it was sooo hot) but the boys spied the snow cone stand first thing.

We ended up having an impromptu swimming party Sunday afternoon with Michelle, Brooke and Brayden; Kari, Allie and Olivia Shea; and our new friends, Diana and Hunter Fisher.  There's nothing like hanging in the pool for four hours to combat the heat!

Diana and Hunter left early but the rest of the gang stayed and we enjoyed Hawaiian pulled pork sandwiches (that I slow cooked in the crock pot), potato salad and cookies while watching HGTv.  Awesome!

Today will be a busy day for Cole as he has two commercial auditions this afternoon and his small group Bible study begins tonight.  Whew, I'm still trying to recover from the weekend.

I hope you are all having a great start to your week.

"But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives:  love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.  There is no law against these things!"
~Galatians 5:22-23

No comments:

Post a Comment