If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Monday, September 24, 2012

Needing a Do-Over

Do you ever find yourself needing a do-over even before your morning cup of java has gone cold?  I hate it.  That feeling crept up on me this morning and I haven't been able to outrun it all day.

When I went for my run this morning, I was fine and I just knew that it was going to be a great day.  Five minutes after returning from my run, I knew I needed to call AT&T U-verse to rectify a problem that we have been having for the past 12 weeks (mainly that we have no signal).  Once I called them, I was put on hold for 29 minutes and my bad mood began.  After holding for said 29 minutes, the nincompoop technician informed me that yes, I did need to have another technician out to my house (this would be the 5th technician in 10 weeks) but since the account was not in my name (in our landlord's) and I didn't know her four-digit secret code or her favorite restaurant, they couldn't help me.  After I slammed down the phone, the slew of not-so-nice words that proceeded to tumble into the air was not a welcome start to my morning. 

At 2:00 we had a meeting with Cole's agent before Cole's audition but the agent was running late at a meeting.  He came in at 2:30 and I guess I made it clear that I was not happy because once we left, Cole was not happy with me.  I think my hackles were a little too high and, doggone it, I just get them to lay down.

Traffic going to the audition and coming from the audition was horrendous.

To top it off, once we finally got back home and I started making dinner, I discovered that someone had eaten my apples I needed to make my new recipe for Pork Chops with Roasted Apples and Onions.  Bring on the tears.  Poor Cole, he must have felt sorry for me because he hopped on the bike and headed up to the grocery store to get the needed apples.

I'm taking a deep breath and looking forward to a glass of wine once I  take/pick up Cole and Logan from Bible study.  Maybe I should stay and listen to any words of wisdom that Kendall has to give.

Thank goodness tomorrow is another day.

"Anger gives a foothold to the devil."
~Ephesians 4:27

No comments:

Post a Comment