If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Finally, rest!

All I can say is "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh."
Can you tell I'm finally rested?  After our very intense week last week it was so nice to have a weekend with absolutely nothing planned.

Saturday, I woke up early (even when I want to sleep late I can't) and for some reason, I had this strange urge to go shopping.  Shopping?  I hate to shop.  I'm one of those people that goes to the store and gets exactly what I need and then leaves.  No dilly dallying.  No browsing, window shopping or strolling with all those crazed people who are, well, crazy.  That's definitely not me.

But, Saturday, well that is exactly what I wanted to do.  Cole refused to get out of his pajamas so I left him at home and went to THE MALL!  This being LA, I knew there would be a million people there but it's an open air mall so you don't feel closed in.  The air was crisp, the sun was shining and I had a blast just walking around by myself and taking it all in.
I even got to smooch on a bunch of cutie patootie puppy dogs that were shopping for Christmas presents. ;)

The only thing we had planned for today was church and make up school work for Cole.  So while he was working on school, I was rocking out to Michael Buble's new Christmas CD while making cheeseballs and wrapping a few presents.
These make a perfect gift when you put them on a cute silver platter from the 99 cent store.  Just add crackers and a bow!

I love the look of plain brown paper with jazzy ribbon, both easily purchased at my favorite store, the 99 cent store.
Back in the day, I used to paint pictures on each individual present before adding ribbon.  Yep, that was back in the good ol' days!

I am so thankful for a weekend of rest.  It was just what we needed.

"Not only this, but we also rejoice in sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance, character, and character, hope."
~Romans 5:3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment