If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Getting Acclimated

I have such empathy for our military personnel who are deployed for long periods of time and then return home and try to get acclimated into a regular routine.  I am sure they are dealing with much more than just trying to fit in with what all their family has going on and my heart goes out to them.

Cole and I are just trying to get accustomed to the two hour time difference, the ability to relax and the need for coats and sweaters instead of shorts and t-shirts.

When I asked Cole to take out the trash, he must have thought we were in Antarctica.

I showed up for my run yesterday with Lisa in a scarf, hat and gloves.  She just laughed.  I think I have become thin skinned!

These two have been up to no good.  I came home from the grocery store yesterday to find Cole literally stuffed under one of my chairs and Spencer encouraging the cat to bite him!

 Love these two.

Love sitting on my porch and seeing this beautiful sunset.

Thank you all for your prayers for Spencer's swallow study.  During the test, they detected some improvement in his swallowing and he didn't aspirate on everything.  In January, he will begin a new therapy that will hopefully help build up his muscles to aid in swallowing.  We are thankful for positive news and we will keep praying until he is able to eat by mouth.

"Now to him who by the power that is working within us is able to do far beyond all we ask or think."
~Ephesians 3:20

No comments:

Post a Comment