If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

On Set for the Commerce Bank Commercial

The more experience Cole gets in the acting business, the more I have learned that acting is not an easy job!  Not for the actors themselves, nor the Director but, especially, for the crew.

Cole's call time yesterday morning was 5:00 a.m.  That means call time for the crew was 3:45 a.m. which also means that Craft Services (the ones that provide the food for the talent and crew) had to be there much earlier to have food ready to serve at 3:45 a.m.  Thank goodness for COFFEE!

The entire production team were so incredibly nice and professional.  They filmed at an old vintage theater in Los Feliz.  True to the style of the 50's was the small seating section (seating for 100 instead of 1,000), the elaborate crown moulding and architectural details and the coziness.  Linda, the mom of the girl who played Cole's girlfriend, and I got to sit in the theater itself and watch on the big screen as they filmed the commercial.  It was by far the coolest way I have ever watched a commercial being shot.

This was a HUGE production and I'm always taking pictures to show Brad to try to explain about the set.
It is so hard to see from this picture but this is the "King Kong" truck.  The front part of the truck backs up to connect to the back part which, as you can imagine, makes a HUGE 18 wheeler.  When the sections are apart (like in this picture), the front section was the "lounge" and school room for the talent, and the last section housed a separate room for Makeup, Wardrobe and Production.  It was funny to walk into what I thought was going to be a travel trailer but instead found an extremely nice office with mahogany cabinets, flat screen tvs and wifi.  Wow!

This is Cole and Lauryn with their Secret Agent, Dave.  This is how it looked on the big screen of the theater while they were filming.  I laughed so much (as usual) and I think it will be a very catchy commercial.  Unfortunately, unless you are in Missouri or Illinois, you won't see it on tv but thank goodness for You Tube.  It should start airing in January.

Cole and I were both sound asleep at 8:00 p.m. and and slept for 12 hours.  Today is going to be interesting as Cole has a callback for a show on Showtime called "House of Lies" that films on Friday (we were supposed to be leaving Friday morning to head home).  I just keep repeating to myself, "Remember to be flexible, remember to be flexible!".

"And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through him to God the Father."
~Colossians 3:17



1 comment:

  1. Hi, I live in Illinois and have seen this commercial several times. The kids did a great job in the theater. I have been trying to find it online but have been unable. I've checked youtube also. If you know of a site to view it, please let me know. I have a friend in the military that looks exactly like Secret Agent Dave and I wanted him to see it. Since it's only in IL or MO, I'll have to send him a picture or have him view it from the internet. He'd get a kick out of it. If you know of a site where it can be seen, I'd appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete