If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

In and Out

When Dr. Warren told me on Wednesday that he would admit Spencer to the hospital, put in a PIC line for IV antibiotics, and then let him go home Thursday, I was skeptical to say the least.  Spencer in and out of the hospital in two days?  Ummm, no way.  Well, Dr. Warren and Dr. Bauer were true to their word because we are home!!!

After zero sleep last night, we were both so relieved to be able to come home.  However, he will be getting one antibiotic every six hours and one every 12 hours so one of us will be napping during the day. ;)

The home health RN came to the house tonight to refresh my memory on IV procedure.  Even though it has been over three years since we had to do this at home, it all came right back to me.  We'll see if I can make heads or tails of it all for the midnight dose.
Every time I do this at home I wish I had followed my original intention of becoming a nurse.  Oh well, I can still do that when I grow up!

So thankful to be home and on the road to recovery.  Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers.

"Be glad for all God is planning for you.  Be patient in trouble and be prayerful."
~Romans 12:12

No comments:

Post a Comment