If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Friday, May 31, 2013

Observations of a Traveler

Since our maiden voyage to California in July 2011, Cole and I have driven (not flown) approximately five times.  That's five times from California to Little Rock and vice versa.  During these long, sometimes excruciating journeys, I have come to some conclusions and/or observations that I would like to share:

1.  Shouldn't it be a requirement that every person on the interstate use cruise control?  If I have my cruise set on 75 mph and you keep slowing down and speeding up and giving me dirty looks, is that my fault?  I think not.

2.  Don't truckers these days know the universal sign for "honk your horn"?  Obviously not, since Cole could only get one truck to respond.

3.  People who are driving that are talking on their phone while eating a hamburger and trying to put in their contacts (not kidding) need not drive next to me.  You are going to kill yourself or someone else and I would rather not be in your path.

4.  Why does Arizona have signs that show a 10 point Elk that says, "Next 20 miles".  Honestly, I have NEVER ever seen an elk and I think I will sue them for false advertisement as I would love to see one!

5.  I love to get books on tape at Cracker Barrel to listen to while driving but there are no CB's in California.  The last Cracker Barrel (when heading West) is in Kingman, AZ which is 364 miles from our condo which translates into six hours being left to my own devices to entertain myself. 

6.  Why is it that I can take a potty break right before we head into the desert (there is a 55 mile stretch with n-o-t-h-i-n-g) but as soon as the gas station is out of sight in my rear view mirror, I have to go.

7.  Why am I always so hungry while driving?  I'm not doing anything to exert any energy.  By the end of our trip, I feel like a busted can of biscuits.

8.  Does the person who posted the "Land for Sale" sign in the middle of the desert get any calls?  There is nothing for miles.

9.  Is it a requirement that all gas station attendants be creepy?

And, number 10:

I sure will be happy when Cole is finally old enough to drive so I can bug him like he does me!

So thankful for a safe trip.  Let the craziness begin!

"A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to relax."
~Proverbs 24:33

No comments:

Post a Comment