If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Spencer + Allergies = Hospital

After living in California for the past year and a half, I have grown to LOVE the climate and HATE Arkansas weather.  The old adage "If you don't like the Arkansas weather, stick around and it will change in five minutes." is so true.  And the pollen!  Ugh.  Don't even get me started.

So, when Spencer woke up last Thursday morning running a low grade fever and having chest congestion, I knew that it was allergy driven.  All you have to do is look outside and see the green film that covers every surface and you know that it's only a matter of time before the Ewing boys start having problems.

I was aggressive with his breathing treatments, meds around the clock and supplemental oxygen but when we visited the doctor's office today, his chest x-ray is showing that IV antibiotics will need to enter the equation.  So, Spencer will be admitted to ACH this afternoon.  We are hopeful it will be a short visit but I know better than to hold my breath.  

But, let's focus on the positive...he's not sick enough that we had to call an ambulance or take him to the ER, he is strong and I think that will aid immensely in his recovery and, at least I am not in California and I can be here with him.

Let's look at the negative...I'm sure the Rehab floor still has not installed the Margarita machine that I have been requesting for the past 14 years, I forgot my stun gun and pepper spray in California and will not be able to use it on any Resident that I deem needs it, and I'm lacking in the sleep department (been getting up every 4 hours to give Spencer meds) so I'm sure I will not catch up on that at ACH.

We know we are in the best hands possible and for that I am truly grateful.  Here's to a quick trip!

"Now glory be to God!  By his mighty power at work within us, he is able to accomplish infinitely more than we would ever dare to ask or hope."
~Ephesians 4:20

No comments:

Post a Comment