If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Updates on Everyone

I have the BEST family and friends in the world so if you thought your's was the best, I am sorry to tell you that you are mistaken!

Spencer is slowly improving although after major surgery, it is taking longer than he would like.  He posted this picture on FB yesterday and it scared me to death!
Yikes!  Guess it wouldn't be very motherly of me to call him Mr. Puffy?!  The swelling is better today and he is still on pain meds but he seems to be feeling better.  The stitches in his body will dissolve but he will have the stitches in his mouth removed September 4th and then he and Brad will be out for a visit.  Can't wait!

Cole is doing great and clicking right along with school.  I am so proud of the initiative that he is showing for school this year and I'm praying that determination will last all 10 months!  We are supposed to know before the end of September if Cole's pilot with A&E will be picked up for the fall schedule, but as we all know, the industry marches to their own drummer.

I am feeling much better and ventured out on my first walk this morning, sans the weights.  I think I am finally admitting to myself that my knees will no longer tolerate the pounding of the pavement while running but they don't mind walking.  Sigh.  Oh well, at least I am still moving.

And, finally, Brad is doing great and holding our family together.  Honestly, someone should give this man a medal for loving me during my "normal" times (no jokes, please) but especially during my peak neurotic behavior (which is several times a day!).  He is the sane one while my emotions flow willy nilly and I am so grateful to him for all his love and support.

I heard this story this morning and love it...

A hiker was hiking on a very steep ledge, lost his balance and began falling into an abyss several thousand feet deep.  As he grabbed for something to hold him, he found himself clinging to a very tiny sapling.  The sapling's roots began to pull away from the dirt and the hiker was preparing himself for death.  He finally called out, "If there's anyone up there, will you help me?"  A voice from above replied, "Just let go and trust me."  The hiker then called out, "Is there anyone else up there that can help me?"  I feel like this perfectly describes my feelings right now.  God is asking us to be patient and trust Him and I'm busy looking for answers right now on my own accord.

I am praying today for clear direction for so many of my family and friends that are going through difficult times, and for trust beyond understanding, no matter our situations.

"No, dear brothers and sisters, I am still not all I should be, but I am focusing all my energies on this one thing:  Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead."
~Philippians 3:13

No comments:

Post a Comment