If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Thursday, August 29, 2013

It's the Little Things

Being a parent is hard; sometimes excruciatingly hard.  There is always that fine line between overbearing and just-the-right-amount of parenting and I'm kind of ashamed to say that I tend more toward the overbearing side.  So, as I try to grapple with letting Spencer make decisions on what is "too much" extracurricular activities and with Cole growing up so fast, I am going to focus on my top 10 little things that made me smile this week.

1.  Spencer had a check up with Dr. Warren and he said that this was the BEST chest x-ray that he has EVER seen from Spencer in 14 years!  Made my day.

2.  My friend Karen has basically "adopted" Spencer as her own and she is always including him when she does anything fun with her puppies.  I loved that she asked Spencer to join her yesterday when she took her dogs to a friend's house to swim in the pool.  Spencer sent me this picture of Fenian;  I WANT him!

And Karen sent me this one of Spencer with Lucy and Dumas.

3.  I had to go to the State office today to get Cole's work permit renewed and I was in and out in SIX minutes!

4.  I bought matching bra and panties yesterday!  

5.  Kari Shea is coming over to swim today and it will be just her and me in the pool; all the kiddos are at school.

6.  Skype makes me very happy because I can't imagine going months without seeing Spencer.

7.  The weather is hot in LA (going to be 96 today) but it's still cooler than when it is 96 in Arkansas.

8.  This boy has been working so hard on school and auditions.  We are so incredibly proud of the young man he is becoming.

9.  It's a three day weekend and we have no plans and can hang out at the pool.

And, #10,

Brad and Spencer will be here in one week!!!!!

"Love is patient, love is kind, it is not envious.  Loves does not brag, it is not puffed up.  It is not rude, it is not self-serving, it is not easily angered or resentful.  It is not glad about injustice, but rejoices in the truth.  It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.  Love never ends."
~1 Corinthians 13:4-8


No comments:

Post a Comment