If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Is Today A "Peak" or A "Valley"?

On Wednesday, when I was having a complete meltdown, my always-wise husband reminded me of two things that the Ewing's experience every day of our lives...peaks and valleys.  If our lives could be registered on the Richter scale, on any given day we would range between a 0 event to a 9.7.  Highs and lows.  Good news and bad news.  But isn't that typical for every family?  To us, it's just normal.

When we have more than one day in a row that nothing extreme happens, I get worried that we are doing something wrong!  Ha!  Maybe I really am an adrenaline junkie.

Cole and I are still in California as we wait to hear news of him booking a national commercial.  We are verbally bound to be available until December 20th so we will hang out in LA until we hear a yeah or nay.  Last night, we joined The Ferrell's at The Grove to walk around and look at the Christmas light and then to see the movie "Frozen".
Riding on the trolley, which was fun until we passed the Gingerbread house and Cole started screaming at Santa like a nut (picture Will Ferrell in Elf when he sees Santa in the store!). 

Spencer is being discharged from ACH today and will go home on 10 days of IV antibiotics.  He had so many visitors yesterday (after my plea on Facebook) and I was thankful that he had fun and didn't have any downtime.
Sweet Esther brought a Gingerbread kit...I would have loved to have been in the room while they were making this because they always have the BEST conversations.  We love her!

Even though Liz is one of the busiest people I know, she always makes time for Spencer which is one more reason I love her.

Since Spencer will have to be connected to his IV pole every 6 hours, he won't be able to wander far from home so if you would like to go and visit, feel free!  Just give him a call beforehand at 501-772-8411.

Today, I am making cheeseballs and Christmas fudge to share with our friends and going to my Sunday School Christmas party tonight.  I guess my "valley" today is not being able to leave for home but my "peak" is Spencer being discharged.  See, not one day. ;)

"We can make our plans but the Lord determines our steps."
~Proverbs 16:9


No comments:

Post a Comment