If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Friday, December 6, 2013

Traveling is ____________(fill in the blank)

Since moving (temporarily) to LA two years ago, we have tried every mode of transportation between Little Rock and LA with the exception of a helicopter or blimp, which I think would be really cool.   From front door (Little Rock) to front door (Los Angeles) is 1700 miles and approximately 24 hours (give or take depending on traffic, weather and pit stops).

Flying is my favorite;  someone else is driving and I can travel from Southern state to Crazy state in about six hours.   With the exception of Wednesday...

Cole and I were scheduled to fly out of LR at 11:30 a.m. but we knew our flight was delayed before we ever arrived at the airport (love updates via text message from Southwest).  So, I got coffee and a paper and settled down to wait.  I should say that I used to be HORRIBLE at being a patient person and sometimes even now I find myself irritated for stupid reasons.  But all in all, given caffeine and reading material means everyone around me is safe.

Due to weather conditions in Little Rock on Tuesday and mechanical issues with our plane on Wednesday, our flight was two hours late departing and then it really got interesting.  We became the equivalent of a modern day hitchhiker as we hopped from Little Rock to Dallas to Houston to San Antonio to Las Vegas to LA.  Whew!  Thank goodness for caffeine and chocolate.
Hello LA!

Nothing like walking in to the condo, literally dropping my bags and crawling in to bed to sleep for a solid 10 hours until being woken up by honking horns and someone screaming out the window at a truck blocking a parking garage.  Hmmm, we're not on the mountain anymore.

We're hitting the ground running and I'm sure it will be fast and furious until we get in the car to return home for Christmas.  Remember, if you have a really big smile on your face it really makes people wonder what you're up to and I plan on making a lot of people wonder!

"Answer my prayers, O Lord, for your unfailing love is wonderful."
~Psalm 69:16




No comments:

Post a Comment