If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Monday, December 2, 2013

Pioneer Girl Revisited

I have stated here previously (many times) that although I carry a strong work ethic, I definitely enjoy the comforts of the 21st century such as electricity, chain saws and hot tubs (maybe not in that order!).

Our mountain top is made up of 5 acres, 4.8 of those which are completely covered by huge boulders and dense trees.  There is always an on-going "honey do" list which usually includes clearing, dead tree removal, mulching, etc.  Since Cole and I are gone 10 months out of the year, the HDL (honey-do list) gets put on hold until all the Ewing's are present and able to work together.

Saturday found all of us working in the front yard mowing, weed eating, cleaning out flower beds, pruning and general debris clearing.  There were fits of moaning, screaming and running but that was just because I imagined a bug crawling on me every time a leaf touched my skin.  Honestly, I HATE bugs!

As fast as Spencer could blow the sticks and leaves over the edge, Max was bringing them right back into the yard.

Sunday, we brought out the chain saw and tackled the back yard where the dead and cracked trees outnumbered the healthy ones; last year's ice storm was not kind to the saplings and older trees.

Brad cut and we made a pile of trees that will be put through the wood chipper and used for mulch (another job for another day).  Hard work but very satisfying.
Making progress.

I should know NOT to let the Labrador out of the house during yard work.  He does more hindering than helping!

The pile of sticks, leaves and dirt on my laundry room floor can only mean that everyone was filthy but a lot was accomplished.

My favorite part of the weekend?  The beautiful sunsets, of course.

And the downtime with the fam.
These two are serious about their ping pong game!

Cole and I head back to LA on Wednesday and will return to Little Rock mid December.  I'm so ready to be home for more than a week at a time.

"Whatever you are doing, work at it with enthusiasm."
~Colossians 3:23


No comments:

Post a Comment