If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Saturday, January 18, 2014

A Rough Day

I was really hoping to post a smiling picture of Spencer today but that didn't happen. 

Although he started out feeling pretty good first thing this morning, by noon he was really laboring to breathe and his fever spiked.  It has been a long time since I sat beside his bed and watched him breathe but that's what I did today.  

After 14+ years of chronic pulmonary sickness, Spencer's lungs have been tested to their limit.  Through countless cases of pneumonia, bronchitis, pulmonary effusions, collapsed lungs, chest tubes and at one point, a machine that kept him alive for 27 days when he was in a coma, Spencer's body, mind & spirit never give up even at their weakest moments.  As we always say, God must have HUGE plans for this young man.

Thankfully, by 5:00 pm, Spencer's fever came down and he was breathing much easier.  I love that million dollar smile he gives me when he feels good.

Tomorrow, we will celebrate his 18th birthday although it will be a subdued celebration.  There will be football and, of course the highlight of his day will be when I sing to him!  Ha!

Although it is not the celebration I envisioned, I am continually thankful that God has blessed with another year to celebrate Spencer's life.

"Heal me, O Lord, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise."
~Jeremiah 17:14

No comments:

Post a Comment