If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

More Time at ACH

I was so encouraged yesterday when Spencer's doctor said that his chest x-ray and labs had greatly improved.  In my mind, I could see the finish line and we were one step away from going home.  Well, the finish line just moved because today we found out that we will be staying in the hospital for at least another five days.

Spencer has pneumonia and pseudomonas, which are the two infections that he usually contracts when he is sick.  Both are becoming resistant to antibiotics that have been used in the past so Dr. Morris is trying three different and powerful drugs.  Unfortunately, these need to be monitored very closely with labs drawn each day so that is the reasoning behind keeping us in the hospital.  While I understand and agree, it sure would be nice to be in our own home.

For now, we will make the best of the situation.  Spencer hasn't said much tonight and I know he is not happy.  Cole and Brad are both feeling better and I am hopeful they will be able to come to the hospital tomorrow for a visit and that will lift Spencer's spirits.  Honestly, I think he is tired of seeing my face 24/7.

The boys keep me supplied with pictures of all the antics the animals are doing that they shouldn't be doing (like laying on the kitchen bar, laying on my bed, etc.).  So, I leave you with a picture of the cutest kitty in the world who is probably quite happy that I am not within kissing distance of his sweet face.

"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer."
~Romans 12:12

No comments:

Post a Comment