If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Monday, November 8, 2010

Back to Life

How nice it is to be sitting at my desk, opening mail, filing things, answering e-mail...all those "normal" things I have not been able to do for the last week since I have been all caught up in the Hoedown.  The big event was Saturday night and even though we don't know "numbers" yet, I would say it was a huge success!  I think everyone had a great time and we are so grateful to each person that came out to support a fabulous organization.
Monty was the only unhappy camper at the Hoedown.  He was not too fond of being in his stall while everyone was milling around.  He's a pasture horse at heart!

As the Hoedown ends, the boys' extracuricular activities are gearing up.  Spencer is going to be helping with the varsity basketball team at AB so he will be going to practice each day from 3:30 to 5:30.  Cole's play at The Rep is preparing to start rehearsal and he has three interviews (to promote the play) and one photo shoot this week.  You may now refer to me as the Ewing's driver because that's all I will be doing for the next seven weeks.

I'll leave you with this picture for the day...Macks (our newest canine addition) somehow caught a squirrel this morning.  Did you know that a dog will not drop his "catch" even if you are running through the yard with a broom in your hand screaming at him at the top of your lungs?!  Thankfully, Brad was home and dealt with it.  Spencer said it was a not-so-pretty-picture so see me running by his window, in my pjs, chasing the dog with a broom.  Nice.

Hope ya'll have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment