If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Friday, November 19, 2010

Being a Parent is Hard!

Brad and I have talked a lot lately about how much harder to parent it is the older your children get...someone told me it gets easier and if I ever find out who it was, they will get an earful!

So, Spencer is the manager for the varsity basketball team for AB.  He has been at practice every day from 3:30 to 5:30 or 6:00 and he ABSOLUTELY LOVES IT!  Thank you Coach Hogue for asking Spencer to participate.  Now, my biggest answered prayer (which is also a huge fear of mine) is coming to fruition...Spencer will be riding the bus, with the basketball team, to Augusta, AR for the basketball games tonight.  He is sooooo excited because he gets to ride the bus and because Brad and I aren't going!  I'm praying for a safe trip, a good game and no problem with his pump for his feeds.  How did my mom ever do it as a single parent?

Cole's rehearsal schedule for The Christmas Story has been crazy...every night until 10:00 but he NEVER complains, which is how we know he loves it.  Rehearsal this weekend is 8 hours each day.  Thankfully, the boys are out of school the entire week for Thanksgiving so Cole can catch up on some much-needed sleep.

I love my Bible verse from this morning's lesson.  It was just what I needed to hear.

"Now glory be to God!  By his mighty power at work within us, he is able to accomplish infinitely more than we would ever dare to ask or hope."
~Ephesians 3:20 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment