If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Monday, November 15, 2010

Weekend Projects Reveal

I have never thought of myself as a girly girl but the older I get, the more I realize I AM a true girly girl at heart.  And since there are no girls in my house to lavish all my blingy love on, I choose to thrust it upon my friends and family. ;)

I have decided to make all of my Christmas presents this year so here are a few projects that were completed this past weekend during my arts & crafts extravaganza!

I love picture frames!  All types, sizes, styles...give me a picture frame and I am happy.  So...I decided to make some for my friends.

I started with an unfinished frame from Hobby Lobby.
If I was going to paint it, a little sanding would be necessary but since I am covering it with paper, no prep is required.

I used a piece of scrapbook paper.  I can't get enough of all the different designs they have and the size of the paper is a perfect fit for this size frame.  I covered the frame and the paper in Mod Podge.  If you're not familiar with this product, let me just say it is THE BOMB!  I am constantly looking for an excuse to use this stuff!
Once the paper is attached to the frame, smooth all the wrinkles out.  I printed out the words I wanted to use and traced them on to the paper with carbon paper.  I've seen many different techniques to transfer the letters but this is the one that has worked best for me.  After going over the letters with a paint pen, I topped it off with another layer of Mod Podge (just to give it a little sheen), attached a 2 1/2" curly wooden letter that I decorated and voila!  The perfect present.
I made three of these yesterday and I'm sure will make more this week.  An inexpensive but personal gift.

I also ADORE plates and I love using them to decorate.  I found some cute plates at Tuesday Morning for $2.00/each and decided to try my hand at painting on them. 

Cutsy red striped plate...I haven't decided if I'm giving this one as a gift or keeping it for myself!

I thought this gold charger was so cute.  I think it adds dimension how the gold shows through the white of the snowman.

I hope you all had a great weekend.  Looks like it will be another busy week around here but next week, the boys are out for the entire week for Thanksgiving!  Can I get a woot woot?!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment