If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Grateful and Blessed

Why is the most precious time of the year also the busiest time of the year?  As much as I try to slow things down and remember what the season is all about, forces beyond my control are constantly pulling me in twenty different directions making me as harried and crazy as everyone else.  Any of you have this problem?

Cole had his first preview show last night for The Christmas Story.  We were able to get two tickets (thank you Lisa!) and Brad and I sat in the audience and held our breath, and held hands, and looked in awe on this adorable and talented twelve year old that we gave birth to and wondered how on earth we had anything to do with the magic that comes from him when he is on stage.  Granted, we may be a little biased but from all the comments around us, I think he's pretty good!

Spencer had basketball practice until 6:30 and got a ride home from one of the guys.  Being at home with just two dogs, a wild cat and a tv with basketball games is all he needs to be happy...he was home by himself until 10:30 and he did great.  We are so thankful that he is able to be independent.  He will be having vocal cord surgery December 14th and we are praying, praying, praying that the surgery will aid in him being able to start eating & drinking by mouth.  I keep reminding myself that God's timing is perfect.

Since we can't seem to get everyone together at home at the same time, we will be decorating the Christmas tree in shifts.  Cole and I will do a little decorating this afternoon before he has to be at The Rep, and then Brad, Spencer and I will do some more decorating tonight while we are all home.  Although it's not my choice to decorate at separate times, it will be fine and I'm sure we will look back on this Christmas season and have fond memories.

I thought I would share a few more Thanksgiving pictures.
Sorry for the sideways picture...I have been messing with it for 30 minutes and I give up!  But aren't they adorable?!
Cole and Izzy.  Do you see a pattern here with Izzy in every picture?  The boys just love her...I don't know why Brad won't let us have another one!  Ha;)
Dwayne with "his" baby...we had to keep an eye on him so he wouldn't monopolize all her time!

I hope you all have a good day.

Love you,
Marilyn

No comments:

Post a Comment