If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Happy New Year's Eve Eve!!!

Oh it's so nice to get back to my blog which means our lives are returning to some kind of normalacy!!!  I hope you all had a very blessed Christmas.  Ours was perfect!  Everyone was healthy, everyone was home, everyone was happy with their gifts and I got to take a nap at 10:00 a.m.!!!  Doesn't get any better than that!
Spencer is always in charge of Santa's meal.  PB&J with trailmix for Santy and carrots for the reindeer.  Yum!

Cole woke us up at 6:00 a.m. Christmas morning.  Guess he forgot the "sun must be up before you wake us up" rule.  Ha! 
The boys get three gifts from us...baby Jesus got the same!  One of Cole's requests was some fancy nerf gun.  Now, the boys have at least eight nerf guns but what's one more!  Everytime the boys have friends over, our upstairs becomes the nerf war zone complete with forts & booby traps.  They are so funny.
"Some assembly required" even applies to teenager gifts!  The gaming chairs we got for the playroom required more assembly time than we expected.  Glad B was in charge of that project!
The "babies" were sent outside until all the wrapping paper was picked up.  Doesn't it look like Kobe is taunting them?!
B got me an Iphone for Christmas.  So nice.  Now, if I can just learn how to use it before it becomes obsolete!

Cole had his last show of "A Christmas Story" Sunday night.  What a fantastic experience for all of us, but especially for a 12 year old.  He's already getting calls for more projects in the future...should be interesting to see what becomes of this acting thing!  
Ralphie with his "older self" Jason Harper.  Two fabulous actors.

So, the 4th annual Ewing New Year's Eve party will be taking place Friday night.  If you're in town, stop on by.  You can expect a ping pong tournament, Wii or Xbox tournament, board games, nerf gun wars, food and maybe even some fireworks at midnight.  Always a fun time!

My hope for this coming year is that I will be able to be more focused on the needs of others around me.  For many years, my focus has had to be within my own family but with everyone being healthy, I am prayerful that God will show me other people we can help who may be struggling.  What is your hope for the coming year?

"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.  Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart; and you shall find rest for your souls.  For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light."  ~ Matthew 11:28-30

No comments:

Post a Comment