If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Tuesday Already?

I can't believe it's Tuesday already and the 7th of December!  The older I get the faster time seems to go but especially this time of year.  I wish I could slow it down, just for the month of December, so we could enjoy the smells, the sights and the sounds that make up Christmas.

Spencer has been a little draggy lately so I took him to the doctor this morning.  I love Dr. Paulus because although he is quick, he is thorough.  A blood test showed no bacterial infection or mono but he definitely has a viral infection.  He sent us home with strict orders for Spencer to rest and get plenty of fluids.  So, I have the feeding pump going full time while he is awake.  In between his food, I am running Gatorade and Pedialyte.  He's going to be so hydrated he may float away!  Thank goodness he's not on supplemental oxygen or running a fever.  That is definitely a good sign with him.

Cole's shows are going great.  He said the audiences have been very gracious and almost every show has been sold out.  He had two shows each on Saturday and Sunday so in his two hour break between shows, I picked Cole and Damon up, took them to Subway for dinner and then they worked on homework.  
Adorable!

The show received a great review in last Saturday's paper, although Brad was upset that the critic said, "...Ewing has great stage presence, although at times he spoke his lines too quickly to be understood."  I thought he was spot on and if Cole wants to be in the spotlight for a living, now is the time to improve and hone his acting skills without taking the criticism personally.

I know that so many of you pray for our family but especially for Spencer and for that we are truly grateful.  He is going through a very difficult time right now as it is the holidays and he is not able to eat.  It really makes it almost impossible for him to join his friends since almost everything revolves around food.  Next Tuesday, Dr. Richter will be doing surgery to permanently build up Spencer's left vocal cord.  We are prayerful that not only will it make his voice stronger, but that it will also aid in his ability to eat.  I can't even tell you how important this is to Spencer.  Please keep him in your prayers and ask God to give us the wisdom and the knowledge we need to deal with whatever the outcome is of this surgery.

I'm off to taxi Cole to The Rep for this evening's show.  I hope you all have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment