If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Monday, December 13, 2010

Hop on the Crazy Train

I have been thinking of my post all day today.  I had it all planned out...the great pics I would share with you along with my witty prose to keep you entertained.  Then...life happened.

So, after attending a Board meeting, taking one child to basketball practice while picking one child up and then taking that child to Academy Sports and dare I say it, W-A-L-M-A-R-T (need I mention it is 12 days until Christmas), then picking up the child at basketball practice AND Coach Welchmen so I could give him a ride to his car at the elementary and then going to Kroger at 5:30 p.m., only to get home, fix dinner, have the neighbors over for a quick visit (thanks for the potstickers, Mary!!), eat nachos, have a glass of wine while doing laundry and watching Brad ready the boys for the Christmas picture....oh my, I'm done.

So, my only update is to say that Spencer's surgery to build up his left vocal cord is set for tomorrow, December 14th at 12:15 p.m.  The surgery should take about an hour and Dr. Richter is planning on an outpatient basis.  I will send an e-mail, post on Facebook, update the blog and send up smoke signals as soon as I have an update.  We are prayerful that this surgery will help Spencer to begin to eat and drink by mouth but we know that whatever the outcome, it is God's plan.

We drove through Burns Park Saturday night for the Christmas light display and this was the last display before we left the park.


"For I can do everything with the help of Christ who gives me the strength I need. ~ Philippians 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment