If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Ralphie Comes to Town

If any of you have picked up the newest copy of Sync Weekly around central Arkansas, you have seen a picture of Cole and the rest of the cast for A Christmas Story.  The show is drawing huge crowds and many shows are already sold out!  We have been in awe of this whole experience...from the rehearsals to the interviews to all the publicity...just a tip of the iceberg to what Hollywood stars must go through.  Honestly, I wouldn't want that life for me but Cole has absolutely enjoyed every second.  I hope we have done our job as parents to instill God's love and God's desire in his life so if he does get the opportunity to pursue his passion, he will make wise choices.  Isn't that what every parent wants for their children no matter what their chosen profession might be?
A Christmas Story runs through Dec, 26 at The Arkansas Repertory Theatre.
The famous leg lamp.  The cast named this one "Maria"!

Since we have not been home together as a family to decorate the Christmas tree, last night's shift was Brad and Spencer.  They actually decorated the entire tree and left off Cole's 2010 ornament for him to put on when he got home from the play.  It looks beautiful!  It is so much fun to reminisce over each ornament as it is unwrapped.  So many wonderful memories.  All I have left to do is put the garland over the front door and hang the wreaths on the gate and we're done! 
Notice the very large ladder necessary to decorate the top of the tree!

The completed project.  Love it!

My friend Tracy and her kiddos will be coming in town tomorrow to go to the opening night performance of A Christmas Story.  I can't wait.

I wanted to share today's Bible verse from my devotional...
"And whatsoever you shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.  If you shall ask anything in my name, I will do it."  John 14:13-14

Such comforting words to know that God is always there for us.

Love, M



No comments:

Post a Comment