If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Football and Family Fun

What a great weekend it has been!  I can't think of anything better than spending our time with family and friends.

Friday night was Arkansas Baptist's varsity football playoff game (I know it was a playoff game but I'm not sure if that is for District, State, National or International!  I just go to visit with my friends).  Anyway, the Eagles won 62-22 and we had so much fun visiting and catching up.  I am blessed with the BEST friends!

On Saturday, I invited all of my family over so I could spend time with them and catch up on my hugs, kisses and laughter.  I made a HUGE pot of chili & cornbread and Mom brought homemade peach cobbler, Gigi brought a lemon cake with lemon icing and Dwayne and the kids brought an apple cake with cream cheese frosting.  Yum, yum, yum.  There was a lot of eating, laughing, more eating, football in the front yard and walks with the dogs.  It was my favorite day so far this year.
Rusty and Max had fun, too.

Since I had all the kids together on Saturday, I decided to do a craft that would make a difference.  So, we gathered items that were listed here and put together shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child.  The boxes included, among other things, toothbrushes, toothpaste, crayons, coloring books, wet wipes, flip flops, soap and brushes.  The kids also drew a picture and wrote a note to include in the box.  Tomorrow, we will drop the boxes off at Immanuel Baptist Church, which is the drop off point in Little Rock for this mission project.

We watched the Razorback game Saturday night and did a lot of screaming and yelling, although it wasn't as much fun as we had watching it at the Shea's house in LA.

We had a great service at church and then after I dropped the boys off at the house, I headed to Larry's Pizza to help Aunt Martha set up the party room for my cousin, Alexia's, 8th birthday party.  We got to eat and visit again with family so it was a wonderful afternoon.  I think Alexia had fun, too!
Little Miss is an artist so we got her an artist's "suitcase" full of paints and pencils along with the drawing pad.  Hope it keeps her busy.

Whew, so now I'm in my pj's and heading to bed, the boys are upstairs watching a football game and Brad is working on paperwork.  Life has returned to normal for the Ewing's.

Tomorrow at noon we will find out Spencer's surgery time for Tuesday.  I will keep you posted.

Did you have a great weekend?

"But if someone does not provide for his own, especially his own family, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever."
~1 Timothy 5:8

No comments:

Post a Comment