If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween and Heading Home

It has been a CRAZY week around here trying to get ready to head back to Little Rock.   Brad flew in Saturday night and since he landed, it's been non-stop fun.

Sunday afternoon, the Shea's and the Ewing's all went to our favorite miniature golf course and had a bucket full of fun.  God has blessed us sooooo much by placing the Shea's in our lives, just when we needed them.  So happy we found friends for life.

Monday, Spencer took his nine-weeks exams.  He wanted to take them before we left so he wouldn't think about them all the way home.  He made A's & B's on all his tests!  So proud of him.

While I was packing, Brad & Cole took Spencer to his last workout with Anthony and then, headed to the indoor go cart track to have some fun.  I was so glad I was not there to watch; 1) Spencer crash, 2) Cole hit Brad from behind & sent Brad's Iphone flying onto the track, 3) Cole running over said Iphone on his next lap!  Thankfully, the Iphone survived and so did the boys!

Kari has been promising me that Halloween in LA is an experience I will never forget and she was correct.  I don't even know how to describe it.  Imagine 10,000 of your closest friends (or not so friendly) people going door to door in the Heights neighborhood and EVERY house is playing music and has hired actors to dress up and hand out candy or scare anybody that walks by.  Add in several different languages, crying babies and dogs dressed up in costumes more elaborate than my kids and you have Halloween in LA!
Spencer and Olivia Shea.

Box Boy, Banana Boy, Scary Boy!
(Cole, Logan Shea, Spencer)

The boys with the Princess & Batman (Brooke & Brayden).

We had a blast and and it was very apropos for our last night here. Nothing like going out with a bang.

Today, we hit the road and head to the Grand Canyon.  We're hoping to be able to spend the night there tonight and enjoy the beauty.

Hope you all had a safe Halloween.  It's November!!!!

Love these boys.

"I will give them the desire to acknowledge that I am the LORD.  I will be their God and they will be my people.  For they will wholeheartedly return to me."
~Jeremiah 24:7

No comments:

Post a Comment